Tasty Paw Prints!
Posted On 03/22/2011 by Laura Benn
The Things You Need
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup brewer’s yeast
2 teaspoons of salt (although, we preferred only one)
3 table spoons canola or olive oil
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
The Things You Need to Do
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, wheat germ, brewer’s yeast and salt in a large bowl. Mix it up!
3. Add dry mixture to oil in a separate bowl, gradually introducing the stock as well, and mix.
4. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface then roll out into 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Use a round fluted cutter and transfer cut outs to baking sheets.
6. Use your thumb to make indents toward the bottom of the circle, then press an arch of 4 smaller indents on the top using your pinky.
7. Place in freezer for approximately 15 minutes, then bake for 20 minutes, making sure to lightly brush the cookies with remaining chicken stock party way through.
8. Allow to stand for 40 minutes, then spoil your dog!