End of Week Smiles
Posted On 10/29/2011 by Laura Benn
|Photo by Acquired Taste|
As per usual here is the Friday round up of things happening in and around the pet world that brought a smile and lots of cheer this week.
1. Remember Dolly? Well I am happy to report that my very first foster pup was placed in a loving happy home this week. That is her sweet little face above smiling at you all. Was it wonderful to see her go into the arms of a doting new owner? Absolutely. Was it hard to say goodbye? Most definitely. She is an extremely happy soul who radiates with joy and I do miss having her around the house, while simultaneously I am over the moon that she has found a forever home. It’s a weird feeling, okay.
2. I am volunteering at Dogs in Costume Photo Contest this Saturday at Wickedly Westboro. For only $5 you get your pup’s photo taken by me and you are entered for a chance to win some fabulous prizes. First prize, a free pet photo session! Exciting, yes? Plus proceeds from this event will be donated to Hopeful Hearts Rescue to help dogs in need. Now, I know, I know – dressing up a dog in a costume is not for everyone. However, even if that’s not your style you can still come visit and get a pretty picture of your pooch for less than what the average Starbucks beverage now costs. What’s not great about that? And it’s for a good cause.
3. A blind Great Dane called Lily finds a friend who helps her make her way about the world. A heart-warming story that will bring a smile and possibly a tear. Thank you to Pawsh reader, Gizelle, for bringing this story to our attention!
4. A beautiful book for cat lovers, Meow! is a must have for anyone who appreciates furballs, purring and gorgeous photos. This title features work from Rachel Hale and Catherine Ledner — two of Pawsh’s faves!
5. This incredible quilted dog bed. Please note it’s a DIY-er, so if you’re feeling crafty why not try make one of your own?
What made you smile this week? Would love to hear from you, because smiles should always be shared. Happy weekend everyone! xo