THE 13 PROJECT — JOIN ME!
Posted On 10/04/2012 by Laura Benn
I am thrilled to share with you today a brilliant and heart-warming initiative designed by Serena of Pretty Fluffy to help us all do a little more to help in the pet world. The 13 Project asks us to set thirteen achievable goals — one for each remaining week in 2012 — to help animals in need. As Serena so poetically describes what has quickly become an enthusiastic movement in the pet world, “it’s not about being perfect.” Instead it is about doing something, anything to help.
I can’t even begin to express how much I adore this lovely concept and how inspired I was by Serena’s lovely email that arrived in my inbox describing the initiative. I am pleased to share my list of goals today…
1. Continue to publish and share Hopeful Hearts foster dog profiles on Pawsh’s blog.
2. Complete a special photo project benefiting a dog rescue (sorry I can’t be more specific right now — it’s been in the works all summer and will be unveiled soon!)
3. Continue donating my photography for adoption profiles.
4. Personally foster another dog in need (the last time was so much fun!)
5. Create a web video to raise awareness about adoption and rescue.
6. Bake wholesome homemade treats for a local shelter.
7. Fuel my chocolate addiction with Rescue Chocolate only.
8. Continue the “Pawsh Giving Back to Helping Paws” program that donates half page ads in the magazine and web ads on the blog to reputable rescues/animal welfare organizations at no cost.
9. Stop buying coffee and put that money in a jar to donate to a shelter on Christmas Eve.
10. Host a no-gift holiday party with friends and pass around a donation jar for a rescue.
11. Offer a 20% discount on pet photo sessions where the pet has been adopted.
12. Donate old, gently used towels and blankets to a local shelter.
13. Spread the word about The 13 Project.
If you would also like to become a part of The 13 Project, be sure to hop on over and read Pretty Fluffy‘s original post. Even if you can only set a few goals, every effort makes a difference!