Your pups will say cheese for these Cheesy Chickpea Chips — an easy dog treat recipe that makes crispy little chips of goodness for your hungry hound! They take 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to bake! Here’s how:
– 1 cup of drained, rinsed tinned chickpeas
(you can also use dried as long as soak them before hand)
– 1 tbsp peanut butter
– 1/4 cup of rice or almond flour
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Use a fork to crush and squash the chickpeas.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients. The batter will be a bit chunky so it may be easiest to ‘knead’ the mixture using your hands until firm.
3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture on a flat surface.
4. Grab your trusty cookie cutter (something ‘bite-sized’ or approximately the size of a bottle cap) and cut out as many cookies as you’d like.
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.*
6. Allow to cool and fill up the dog treat tin for future spoiling!
*Feel free to melt a bit of extra cheese on top of these crispy biscuits if you feel like making them extra special!
A yummy treat for any dog you meet! These are becoming a must-have staple in Pawsh Studio and our furry visitors go bonkers for them!
When the mercury dips below zero and the world becomes hidden beneath a blanket of snow it is not uncommon for the sniffles and sneezes to find their way into our homes. But did you know that our dogs are also susceptible to winter ailments?
Dr. Aleksandra of Queen West Animal Hospital in Toronto reveals the top winter dangers to watch out for – and how to avoid them.
One of my goals this year is to give back more. So I am launching a year long project called Soulmate Sessions which will offer fine art pet photography sessions for pets with a terminal diagnosis absolutely FREE.
Soulmate Sessions are designed to celebrate an animal’s life and memory. The session can be for the animal only or for the animal and their family. All sessions will take place in Toronto, although there will be a few Ottawa dates available as I do travel there a few times of year. All that is needed to book a Soulmate Session is a formal letter of diagnosis from a registered vet.
Our pets are beyond precious. They are beyond incredible. They are the true definition of a best friend and these are the qualities that Soulmate Sessions will strive to capture.
Calling all rescued Boston terriers and Boston terrier mixes! I am really excited to be sharing this project announcement with you all today. Pawsh Studio is partnering with Pinups for Bostons to shoot their 2016 creative calendar, the proceeds of which are ALL donated to Boston Terrier Rescue Canada (BTRC).
For those of you who aren’t familiar with BTRC, they are a wonderful registered charity organization with a mission “to provide safe, temporary refuge leading to a loving, permanent home for Boston Terriers through rescue, education, advocacy and compassion.” They do incredible work all year round.
In order to make this calendar a reality, however, we need 13 dog models (yep, a baker’s dozen of dogs!) So if you have a pup who would be interested in modelling here is what we are looking for:
– Boston Terrier or Boston Terrier mixes, preferably with a rescue story
– dogs who respond well to ‘sit’ and ‘stay’ (this doesn’t mean dogs who will sit still for hours or anything so drastic. We are merely looking for a 5-10 second stay, if possible)
– all shoots will be taking place in downtown Toronto at Pawsh Studio
– shoots will be commencing in February and will be hosted on Sundays only
Please include in your dog model submission your name, your dog’s name/age, a current photo of your dog, a list of their obedience training and a few lines about their story. Submissions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
These shoots are going to be a lot of fun! Your pup will be spoiled rotten with treats and bellyrubs and it is all for a truly great cause!
PAWSH PERK: Here is last year’s BTRC calendar if you’re interested!
Winter can be a bit drab here in Canada – it’s grey, it’s cold and it’s dark. In short, we could all use a little sparkle these days, including our pets, which is why it is a delight to introduce the new Sparkle Collar Collection from our friends at BlanketID.
Strong enough to weather the great outdoors, but pretty enough to add pizz-azz to any social or lounging event, the Sparkle collars bring bling and pet safety into focus. Each collar is designed to show off that ever important visible ID tag as well as your pup’s dazzling personality! Handmade, durable and pretty darn darling — and just imagine these on a dog at a wedding? Almost – can’t – handle – the – cuteness!