DOG TREAT RECIPE: APPLE-YOGURT FREEZIES
Posted On 01/17/2013 by Laura Benn
It is such a joy to surprise Miss Rory with homemade dog treats, especially when the dog treats only require three ingredients and minimal effort for a big impact! Today I’d like to share with you Apple-Yogurt Freezies – a three ingredient treat that is packed with nutrients and doubles up as a fun game!
Plus, these tantalizing goodies are loaded with vitamin B which will help prevent your dog getting dry skin in the winter. To make these tasty morsels all you need is…
The Things You’ll Need (makes 8)
1) 1 or 2 moderately sized organic apples (Royal Galas always have a nice crunch).
2) 1/2 cup of plain, unsweetened pro-biotic yogurt
3) 2 tbsp Brewer’s yeast
4) An icecube tray
1. Wash apples and cut into evenly diced pieces.
2. Stir Brewer’s yeast into yogurt.
3. Gently spoon yogurt mixture into ice cube tray.
4. Press one piece of diced apple into each section of the ice cube tray.
5. Place in freezer and leave overnight to freeze.
6. Once frozen solid, simply pop out a freezie cube whenever it is time to treat pup!
These treats are a refreshing departure from typical dry biscuits and because of their slow-melting action your pup will have a wail of a time nosing them around their dinner bowl (or around the kitchen floor if you don’t mind a little bit of mess). Rory always delights in the chilly snack and tosses it around the kitchen or curls up in her bed to lick it patiently.
Plain, unsweetened yogurt is an excellent source of calcium as well as protein, while the apple is packed with vitamins A, C and fibre. The Brewer’s yeast offers dogs vitamin B which is wonderful for a healthy coat and skin and protects against dryness in the winter. So all in all these cool treats are good for your dog’s diet and super simple to make! What’s not to love about that?
PAWSH PERKS: Another easy 3 ingredient dog treat recipe!