Soup may not sound like something that you would treat your dog with — after all you can’t exactly slosh soup around in your pocket. But, believe it or not, soup is a fantastic way to spoil your furry minion at home, especially if you make it a little goopy!
This dog-friendly Sweet Squash Soup Goop recipe is a wonderful way to cozy up your pup’s kibble at dinner time! It takes no time at all to make, adds interest to your dog’s meal and gives them a healthy boost of much needed vitamins and dietary fibre! Oh, and did we mention that this easy dog treat recipe has only THREE ingredients? And go!
– 2 cups of no sodium vegetable or chicken broth
– 1 or 2 organic sweet potatoes
– 1 butternut squash
1) Slice and dice the sweet potatoes and squash into bite sized pieces.
2) Place in large pot and cover with broth.
3) Bring to a gentle simmer for 30-40 minutes or until potato chunks are soft.
4) Allow to cool and blend using an electric hand mixer or blender (who knew!)
5) Store in glass jars or plastic containers once cooled.
When dinner time comes around, simply ladle over your dog’s kibble and watch the drool flow! this is especially ideal for older dogs who may have sensitive teeth and need their kibble softened with a bit of water before chowing down. A simple way to dress up suppertime and your dog will adore you for it!
PAWSH PERK: Another three-ingredient dog treat recipe.
Teaching your dog how to hug is a great way to exercise her brain and body! Plus it is a great way to keep your pupster entertained when indoors. Jess and Cohen from Cohen the Australian Shepherd are here today to share a step-by-step guide for how to teach your dog to hug (aka mastering the most adorable trick in the world!) (more…)
Treating your beloved dog couldn’t be easier with this simple two ingredient dog treat recipe that happens to be the cutest thing in the world. Presenting delicious dollops of goodness called Strawberry Yogurt Droplets. Keep reading for the full recipe! (more…)
Over the years I have been lucky enough to interview a variety of dog trainers and behaviourists and a common thread of wisdom that I gleaned from these conversations is that dogs thrive on structure and routine. So recently, I created this little dog-friendly ritual…
At the end of the day when I’m getting ready for bed I take off my socks and toss one to each pup to catch, which they do oh-so gleefully! I know, I know, this sounds a little odd, but it is a fun, simple activity that has over time taught Rory and Lucy that the day is winding down.
They sit patiently and wait for their toss. Then they roll around on the rug for a moment and maybe play a quick game of chase before happily bounding away to their beds for a good night’s sleep (without the socks — I can’t have them chewing those!)
Don’t ask me how this little routine started, but it is a sweet way to wrap up an evening and something the dogs seem to look forward to. It is a final little play session for the day then off to bed for some sweet dreams!
What daily rituals do you have with your fur-kids? I would love to know!
PAWSH PERK: A fantastic dog-friendly game to play while you watch tv.
Your pups will say cheese for these Cheesy Chickpea Chips — an easy dog treat recipe that makes crispy little chips of goodness for your hungry hound! They take 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to bake! Here’s how:
– 1 cup of drained, rinsed tinned chickpeas
(you can also use dried as long as soak them before hand)
– 1 tbsp peanut butter
– 1/4 cup of rice or almond flour
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Use a fork to crush and squash the chickpeas.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients. The batter will be a bit chunky so it may be easiest to ‘knead’ the mixture using your hands until firm.
3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture on a flat surface.
4. Grab your trusty cookie cutter (something ‘bite-sized’ or approximately the size of a bottle cap) and cut out as many cookies as you’d like.
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.*
6. Allow to cool and fill up the dog treat tin for future spoiling!
*Feel free to melt a bit of extra cheese on top of these crispy biscuits if you feel like making them extra special!
A yummy treat for any dog you meet! These are becoming a must-have staple in Pawsh Studio and our furry visitors go bonkers for them!