DOG TREAT RECIPE: SWEET POTATO NOTHINGS
Posted On 12/06/2012 by Laura Benn
These goodies have been dubbed ‘Sweet Potato Nothings,’ because they literally take almost nothing to make. Simply mix together three (that’s right, only three!) ingredients, slide into the oven and you’re done! Keep reading for the full recipe!
The Things You’ll Need
- 1 medium sweet potato (you probably already have some on hand for Christmas dinner!)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water (adjust measurement according to size of potato used)
- mini-cupcake pan and mini-cupcake skirts
1. Wash, peel and dice sweet potato; although you can leave the skins on if desired.
2. Steam sweet potato until it is nice and soft, even a little mushy.
3. Mash sweet potato in a bowl with a fork.
4. Mix in flour and water at the same time to achieve a thick paste.
5. Scoop mixture into mini-cupcake skirts and bake for 40 minutes at 350 until crisp and golden.
6. Allow to cool then treat your pup!
Sweet potatoes are a natural anti-inflammatory food and are high in vitamin A, which is great for a dog’s diet. However, as with all potatoes, sweet spuds are quite high in starch. That’s why it is best to bake these treats as mini-cupcakes so that your pet doesn’t pack on the pounds! Also, remember, you can add additional ingredients to this recipe for added variety. Try diced tomatoes, shredded carrots and tuna juice to tantalize your dog’s tastebuds!
Try Sweet Potato Nothings over the holiday season!
PAWSH PERKS: Here’s another easy homemade dog treat recipe you won’t want to miss!