It was Rory’s birthday over the weekend. She is now three-years-old (I can hardly believe it!) and to celebrate I decided to whip up a batch of special birthday biscuits! This easy homemade recipe is made from wholesome ingredients and the pup goes crazy for them! The juices from the apple sweeten the biscuit and help keep it moist, while the oats offer a tasty chewy texture. Here is the complete hassle-free recipe…
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 or 2 organic apples
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp natural honey
- 1/2 cup whole wheat all-purposed flour
- 1/4 cup water
1) Chop apple into tiny cubes.
2) Mix oats, flour, egg, apple and water together.
3) Stir in honey.
4) Spoon mixture onto a non-stick cookie sheet in small dollops.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cookies are evenly browned and crispy.
It is such fun to treat your pup to a wholesome treat that they love. I personally plan to bake more often for Rory this fall, especially in light of the recent dog treat scare. Rory goes bonkers for apple so these were a real hit! Maybe next year we’ll serve them at a special dog-friendly birthday party. Do you like baking for your dog too?