For a hearty, wholesome snack that really works your dog’s chompers, Sweet Potato Strips are the best! Extremely easy to make and a delight for dogs of all shapes and sizes! This is a treat I made quite by accident after forgetting to put away some leftover sweet potato fries and realizing how ‘tough’ they got. I hope your pups enjoy!
– 1 medium to large sweet potato
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Wash sweet potato thoroughly and slice from top to bottom in 1/4″ strips.
2. In a bowl toss strips of potato in olive oil until evenly coated.
3. Place strips on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 30 minutes, making sure to flip the strips over halfway through. (You may need to broil them for 2-3 minutes at the end for a bit of extra crunch).
4. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cover with parchment paper and leave out for 24-48hrs. (This time will allow them to ‘toughen’ and become ‘chewy.’)
5. Store in air-tight container and serve whenever pupster deserves a treat!
Why sweet potatoes are good…
These sweet spuds are extremely high in antioxidants and Vitamins A and C, all of which help to prevent cancer and some of the signs of canines aging. They are also a great source of fibre and low-cal! Yum yum hooray!